Hearts of Ireland was founded in 2008 by Michelle Cavey, CEO, and is an independent, woman-owned business. Unlike a majority of other agencies, Hearts of Ireland is not a franchise- it is truly a grassroots agency organically grown out of love. Michelle's passion for caring for those in need began early on when she was just a child as she frequently visited nursing homes with her mother who worked as social worker and art director. During visits, Michelle became exposed to the daily challenges seniors faced, and it had a profound affect on her. Eventually these experiences influenced her life's work and inspired her to start an agency that "puts the client first". Michelle's professional medical background coupled with her passion of caring for those living with disabilities aligns with her beliefs that all people deserve to be treated with the highest level of respect and dignity while having a care plan that's centered around quality, compassion, and integrity. It is not just her mission, it's a promise! For this reason and much more, all of us here at Heart's of Ireland have made it our mission to put all of our resources into finding and screening the best caregivers and nurses for our clients'.
We are licensed and regulated by the state of Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Office of Health Care Quality. We provide services in the state of Maryland in all counties. If you haven't heard of us, Hearts of Ireland has been a key feature in various magazine articles, radio, and TV broadcasts. You may have seen us at local and national conferences across the country spearheading forums on aging, care coordination and care management, and home care collaboratives. As our mission, Hearts of Ireland helps families find affordable, highly qualified care providers including Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Certified Geriatric Nurse Assistants. Our team can offer the helping hands needed for those facing recovery, chronic illness, and other non-medical and skilled needs. In addition, we provide care coordination for clients' transitioning from hospital-to-home, home-to-assisted living facility, and rehabilitation facility-to-home. Care coordination can help bridge the gap in care transitions, add a level of professional advocacy, and reduce hospital readmission. As you and your family approach some of these tough decisions, our clinical support team is here to guide you in navigating the process ensuring peace of mind, improved outcomes, and smoother transitions.
If you would like to learn more about our services, give us a call!
Supplement Care Coordination services may include:
- Transitions, Hospital/Doctor-Patient-Family relations, Medication oversight and compliance, improved Self-Management, Prevention, and Care Continuum
- Coordinating Short and Long-Term services
- Customized packages based on Client's needs (Fee for Service)
- Provided by a Nurse Practitioner
Daily or Weekly services may include:
- Hourly to Live-In 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Long and Short-term assistance
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as bathing, grooming, toileting, feeding assistance, etc.
- Companion services such as reading, taking walks, conversation and assistance with arts, and crafts.
- Respite Care relief support for family, friends, and caregivers.
- Assistance with ROM (Range of Motion) and Physical Therapy exercises provided.
- Light housekeeping and laundry including wash, dry, fold/iron, and put away.
- Meal planning, preparation, and cooking.
- Transportation and Errands such as shopping, doctor visits, visiting family and friends, going to see a movie, going out to dinner, etc.
- Medication reminders provided by a C/GNA.
- Medication Dosage & Administration provided by a LPN/RN.
- Wound Care, G-Tube, Colostomy Care, etc provided by a LPN/RN.
- Assistance with scheduling appointments and calling in/picking up orders.
- Assistance with medical equipment and prescription deliveries.
- Private Pay and assistance with Long-Term Care (LTC) reimbursement.
Whether you are in need of short-term recovery assistance or long-term care, we are just a phone call away. We are always available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to accommodate all of your home care needs.